My client are a food manufacturing business who are keen to find an Operations Manager working alongside the MD.
By leading by example to the senior management team, you will have overall control of the manufacturing operation, delivering product above the agreed quality standards in a culture of technical excellence. You will be responsible for leading by example, using a trained motivated and empowered team that recognise the importance of customer service and have an unswerving focus on the values the business is built upon.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure customer expectation is exceeded in all areas. Promote an ethos of internal customer service in line with the company values.
- An unswerving delivery of the site technical standards. The manufacturing team must operate within the documented standards and policies laid out in the QMS (Quality Management System) without fail. This includes HACCP processes, internal paperwork, date coding, traceability, hygiene levels, staff paperwork and pre-requisite procedures.
- To deliver the required manufacturing capability and capacity, at or below the agreed budgeted cost.
- Uphold and continually improve the documented hygiene standards across the site. Ensure personal hygiene, cleaning regimes and micro levels are all within the required parameters at all times.
- Implement a training programme that underpins our procedures and policies. This will focus on technical performance, consistent delivery of quality, improvement to manufacturing efficiency, H&S and risk assessment requirements and individual personal development plans.
- Lead a team to deliver consistency & quality awareness at all levels within factory and manufacture products at or above our customers agreed quality standards. Taste panel will be the point of assessment and review.
- To maintain positive and effective working relationships within the factory organisation, with other Company functions and externally with customers and suppliers.