An exciting opportunity has arisen with a rapidly growing dynamic food business who distribute delicious food products across the world! This truly global and award-winning food specialist work with a number of strategic co-manufacture to produce a range of a quality packaged products to many well-known business leading customers, including UK retail supply.
As Head of Technical & Product Development, you will play a key role in facilitating the achievement of the company’s targets and business growth plans, through the strategic leadership and management of the Technical & Product Development function. Ultimately, you will maintain brand reputation, client product satisfaction, and ensure the business and co-packer partnerships operates efficiently and effectively by delivering the business’s technical development programme.
- Responsible for delivery of the business plan, with specific accountability for all technical development across the company’s product portfolio
- Responsible for the effective management of the full product development cycle from product initiation and kick-off to sign-off and launch
- Ensure that all Product Development processes for food and packaging development are highly robust, effective and efficient and implemented to deliver consistently high-quality
- Lead the Culinary, Product Development, Technical teams in collaborating with internal stakeholders, external suppliers and customers to develop and implement product concepts
- Act as a thought leader within the core business for the development of innovation around both food and packaging products.
- Maintain a close understanding of market, culinary and other developments and share these with colleagues
- Own, protect, adapt and enhance our product development processes, and provide appropriate training and coaching to all colleagues
- Play a key role in onboarding manufacturers, technical, quality control and compliance adherence and feasibility assessments of new sites, processes and technologies
- Sponsor, lead or oversee key projects related to product development, and contribute to other projects within the business as required
- Able to operate at both a strategic and tactical level, with experience inputting to the longer-term plans of the business and implementing them
- A food science degree, with significant experience in an entrepreneurial food environment
- Proven negotiation skills at executive / senior leadership levels
- Managing a product development team and leading the process of new product development
- Strong financial / commercial experience with knowledge of profit & loss, balance sheet and cashflow management, pricing models and overall general finance and budgeting
- An understanding of outsourced environments and contract manufacturing would be useful
- Project management experience and success in meeting operational and financial targets
- Ability to build and develop strong, cooperative relationships with external partners at executive and operational management levels
- Skilled at presenting new technical solutions and product ideas to customer in the retail and food service space
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with your CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James Constable to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.