A great opportunity to join a leading fresh food business in its newly formed group procurement function.
My client are a leading fresh food business supplying a range of products to customers both locally and internationally. Quality and freshness of products is key for them as a business and they now have an exciting opportunity to join its newly formed Group Procurement Function looking at areas of fresh produce buying.
As part of the central fresh buying team, you'll source a variety of products at market leading prices to allow profitable growth for the business, buying better and smarter than our competitors. Whilst this role is homebased, you will need to travel to offices in the Midlands on a weekly basis.Key Responsibilities:
- Negotiate best price on key fresh product categories
- Regular review of supplier performance and strategy
- Identifying potential suppliers, visiting and meeting existing suppliers, building and maintaining relationships
- Negotiating and agreeing contracts and monitoring their progress. Checking the quality of service provided
- Find and develop new sources/products both in the UK and internationally
- Ensure product quality and availability standards are met
- Develop strategic partnerships with supplier base through ownership and account management of key specie/suppliers
Candidates will need to have experience in a Buying role within fresh category areas. Produce experience would be highly advantageous, but a key element of the role is the ability to build long term relationships with supplier and have strong communication and negotiation skills. The role will give you real autonomy whilst being part of a multi-site organisation and a global group.
Candidates can be home based for this role but will need to have the flexibility to travel in the UK and Internationally.
To apply please send your details through to me today.