c.£100,000 + bonus + package
A fast growing and highly successful company, with turnover in excess of £70 million and a total commitment to customer care and product quality, our client prides themselves in being a leading supplier of branded and own label products to the major UK retail market. Their sector is growing, and they continue to be a first choice supplier.
In this senior management role, reporting directly to the MD, you will be responsible for all aspects of the technical department, ensuring compliance with quality, safety, and legislation.
- Leading the technical department ensuring they meet and exceed exacting customer demands for technical excellence
- Lead and advise on statutory regulations and company standards relating to best practice in food safety and quality
- Full responsibility for building relationships with technical teams in the international supply base, including customer audit preparation and supervising audits to a high standard
- Ensure suppliers meet customer requirements at all times
- Lead and manage the technical department of 9 which incorporates quality assurance and CSR.
- Food related degree or equivalent
- Previous exposure and understanding of UK retailer requirements, practices and procedures
- Up to date knowledge of food legislation
- Strong supplier management experience and enjoy strategic work across countries
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- BRCGS Lead Assessor
- Able to inspire and develop a team
It’s a challenging remit – where customer satisfaction is key. With a genuine passion for quality, mixed with the determination to implement an exciting technical programme, you should be able to demonstrate a proven track record in retail supply, with good organisational and inter-personal skills, linked to sound judgement.