Our client is a leading supplier of hot and cold snacks and food on the go. Supplying to a vast range of industries they serve the airline and travel industry, pub and restaurant groups, wholesales and catering contracts, as well as supplying national supermarkets.
• Product development for specific high profile accounts
• Managing and maintaining the NPD process from concept through to chef handover to launch
• Benchmarking, recipe construction, product re-development, costing and value engineering
• Artwork approval and NPD specification writing
• Attend customer visits
• Keeping up to date with current and future trends and ingredients
• New raw material sourcing- support the NPD Chef/ Purchasing Manager in obtaining raw materials for each development, advising on allergens, nutritional values, suitability for process, etc.
• Compile/Issue QAS/Product Attribute Standards for each product that is developed or upgraded.
• Attend and organise QAS panels
• Previous experience in an NPD role
• Experience with chilled food products
• Comfortable being in a customer facing role.