Job ref: 7921 | Competitive Salary DOE | Somerset
Established for over 40 years, this producer of high-quality and award-winning products strives to provide only the very best food to their customers.
The purpose of your role as Technical Assistant is to work closely with management to ensure all areas of the Food Safety System are constantly maintained.
- Assist in maintaining the site A grade BRC accreditation.
- Carry out regular internal auditing of the Quality System and site hygiene.
- Creation and management of the product labelling system.
- Creation of standard operating procedures for production processes.
- Assist with the development of new products and nutritional information.
- Assist with customer complaint handling.
- Supplier approval management.
- Assist with the management of the site HACCP.
Key skills and experience for the Technical Assistant include:
- Ideally educated to a degree level in a food science, food technology or similar discipline.
- Previous experience working in a technical/quality assurance focused role within food or beverage production.
- Experience of HACCP and BRC is highly beneficial.
- High attention to detail.
- PC Literate
The Technical Assistant job is based in Somerset and is paying a competitive salary according to your experience.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 8 am – 4.30 pm.
If you do not currently live in the Somerset region, the company is still keen to hear from candidates who would be willing to relocate.
How to apply
To be considered for the Technical Assistant job, please click the Apply button.
After submitting your CV, we aim to contact you in 1-2 business days on the assumption that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternative job titles
Technical Assistant | Technical Admin Assistant | Technical Coordinator | Food Technologist | Food Technical Jobs