Site Continuous Improvement Manager
This is a great opportunity to join our team, bringing to life our future condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
- Create and execute the Site Journey to Excellence (Continuous Improvement) plan, including needs of the future.
- Lead and support JTE Steering team, Plant, Pillar and Loss Reduction Team assessments, audits, and training.
- Connect Plant Leaders and Business teams to JTE methodology and progress through the Plant plan and drive the strategy as the “way to do the work.”
- Develop, deploy and own standards and training materials for various Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and Organizational Effectiveness (OE) Systems such as Daily Direction Setting, Loss Analysis, Pillar activities and Employee Development.
- Provide coaching to Site PLT, Team Managers, functional support and technicians.
- Coach and/or lead Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) pillar work to build loss elimination, Employee involvement and capability, such as a reduction in minor stops and changeover time via problem solving tools like Why-Why, 7-Step FI, and SMED.
- Lead small to mid-tier change (e.g. new product and equipment) based on complexity and business need.
- Own the CCI and Employee Engagement measures and Organizational Improvement process (e.g. Performance Control System) for the site.
- Lead development of the annual OGSM, CCI Plans (includes Process Reliability, Productivity, Yield, Scrap, etc.) and Employee development and engagement plans. Provides coaching on leading a culture change within Plant to build people capability to eliminate losses.
- Share and reapply best practices in the areas of resources, tools and expertise relating to process improvement/cost avoidance/cost reduction initiatives.
- Communicate to Plant and Regional leaders on JTE and JTE systems progress.
- Merge business questions/needs with available data to provide data-driven insights.
- Analyse site spend and propose initiatives and projects to achieve and sustain improvements, that includes People, Manufacturing, Planning, Logistics and Procurement.
- Lead and coach/develop others in setting direction, strategy and executing problem-solving.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related discipline required.
- Experience in manufacturing operations.
- High level of mastery in Total Productive Maintenance, Change Management and Organizational Effectiveness.
- Experience in a Consumer-Packaged Goods (CPG) preferred.
- People Management experience required.
- Team and Operations Leadership experience preferred.
- Understanding and management of High-Performance Organization (HPO), Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), and Performance Control System (PCS).
- Ability to achieve proficiency of the technologies needed within your position, Supply Chain channel, and location.
- Ability to lead and coach/develop others in setting direction, strategy and executing problem-solving.
- Ability to provide key insights to leadership to influence priority development.
- Ability to develop action plans, obtain or assign resources, and align day-to-day processes to achieve strategic goals.
- Understanding of key financial topics, including: Budgeting, Cost Center Ownership, CAAP, IRR, Yield, Waste, Scrap and Loss Analysis.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets, and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion, and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.