Training & Development Leader
This is a great opportunity to join our team, bringing to life our future condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
- Partner with the plant leadership team to determine training needs in accordance with budgetary requirements.
- Implement training strategy and structure that is integrated with the Journey to Excellence: identify site level training losses, define training objectives, develop and deliver training solutions that address employee development needs and business priorities.
- Create and execute the site T&D Pillar Plan and Strategy in line with Journey to Excellence (JTE, McCormick term for Continuous Improvement) Masterplan.
- Define and ensure the implementation and effectiveness of training and qualification process: training standards, site level qualification process and governance, evaluation process to measure training effectiveness; on-boarding and early development program.
- Support new technologies as they become available, coordinating and preparing training schedules to accommodate facility needs.
- Foster the development of internal subject matter experts through Train-the-Trainer program to leverage internal training resources and promote knowledge transfer within organization.
- Ensure the creation, update and improvement of skills matrix to accelerate skills development.
- Identify and manage Competency Gap Reduction Project with the team, to reduce losses due to skill gap.
- Provide framework to create regional training standards.
- Determine learning management system solution that will meet the needs of the manufacturing sites.
- Support the development of robust learning solutions for both operational and soft skills.
- Bachelor or equivalent in HR, Business, Engineering, Supply Chain, OR relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- Manufacturing environment experience and/or relevant training experience, with experience developing training materials and facilitating training courses .
- Experience in adult learning theory.
- Experience in working in a TPM Environment.
- Ability to create team goals and Smart Goals in support of organizational priorities and strategies.
- Ability to achieve project goals and objectives by applying the discipline of planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about successful project completion.
- Ability to use appropriate root cause analysis decision tools for decision making.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.