Job ref: 7904 | c. £25,000 - £27,000 (including shift allowance) | West Midlands
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative and forward-thinking business that is constantly evolving and developing their products to stay at the forefront of their sector and maintain their reputation for producing an exciting product range.
We are currently looking for a QA Technician to complement a passionate, friendly, and enthusiastic technical team in a busy manufacturing environment.
The role will be split between around 50% laboratory time, and 50% time in and around the production facility.
- Laboratory duties such as conducting product and shelf-life testing, stock control, record keeping and equipment verification.
- Support the maintenance of the companies Food Safety Quality Management System (FSQMS) and BRC compliance.
- Conduct hygiene inspections.
- Conduct environmental monitoring such as ATP swabs, micro swabs, and air quality sampling.
- Conduct monthly Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) audits.
- Liaise with production teams to ensure corrective actions are effectively implemented.
- Train and coach manufacturing employees in company quality procedures.
Ideally educated to a degree level in a food science/technology related discipline, you will possess previous experience in a quality assurance related role within food manufacturing. This may be from a university placement.
You will ideally possess food laboratory experience (e.g., titration, microbiological techniques, calibration), but full food laboratory training can be given if required.
Qualifications including Food Safety, Food Hygiene, Internal Auditing and HACCP are all an advantage.
The QA Technician job is based in the West Midlands and paying c. £25,000 - £27,000 (which includes a shift allowance.
The working hours are Monday to Thursday, rotating each week of 2 pm – 12 am / 11 pm – 9 am.
The package also includes 33 days of annual leave, an employee discount scheme and both formal and informal learning and development opportunities.
How to apply
To be considered for the QA Technician job, please click the Apply button.
After submitting your CV, we aim to contact you in 1-2 business days on the assumption that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Quality Assurance Auditor | QA Auditor | Quality Technician | QA Assistant | Technical Assistant | Quality Assurance Technician | Quality Technologist | QA Technologist | Food Industry QA Jobs