Part of a larger drinks group, our client as a vision to be recognised as the most progressive British based beverage business, who continue to manufacture and supplier a range of delicious, innovative, and refreshing premium products to their consumers. Success is firmly underpinned by the company’s mission to create the highest quality products and provide excellent customer service through outstanding people and continuous investment in manufacturing capability with social and environmental responsibility at the heart of their actions.
A key member of the site team, you will be responsible for ensuring all aspects of compliance on site are adhered to, from a both a legal and technical perspective. This is a hands-on role, reporting directly to the Head of Compliance for the group, where you will be responsible for all the site technical standards, including the sites BRC and retail customer code of practices, audits and technical standards. This role will require you to prioritise and organise an often varying and changing workload to meet site priorities and demands of customers. You will need to be prepared to travel occasionally within the UK to our other sites and customer offices.
- Complete technical aspects of product development for all products
- Primary contact for BRC and Retailer Audits and other second and third party audits/visits.
- Be the main contact for Pest Control on site. Ensure visits are conducted, accompanied and monitored when necessary.
- Check appropriate product specifications, and artworks to ensure compliance with all relevant UK and EU legislation, guidance and codes of practice.
- Conducting internal audits against BRC GS Food standard and writing up reports before sending any non-conformances to the relevant head of department.
- Ensuring corrective actions are completed and audit closed out within the required timescales.
- Auditing compliance against customer COPs
- Being the main compliance representative during customer audits whether that be BRC or retailers, collating requested paperwork and managing the compliance assistant and others to ensure relevant paperwork is completed.
- Conducting audits of supplier premises and facilities in line with the business code of practices.
- Conduct complaint audits with suppliers and conduct internal investigations which may result from a customer complaint or an internal complaint.
- Experience of working within Food Manufacturing Technical or Compliance Team.
- Experience of BRC and UK retailer standards.
- Legal Labelling experience
- Experience of Quality Management Systems.
- Experience of Food Safety Systems
- Degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Food Safety Qualification – Level 3 desired
- HACCP qualification – Level 3 desired
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer service focused
- Able to deal with difficult situations calmly
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with your CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James Constable
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.