Technical Administrator - Hybrid work from home
Clearly acknowledged as the market leader in the foodservice sector, our client is highly successful businesses and brand, delivering quality ingredients, finished products and equipment to over 75,000 customers in the catering industry. They’re a business built on a ‘can do’ attitude, based on the core values of teamwork, encouragement and individual development. Technical judgement is core to their success and is a continuing influence in their commitment to quality, best practice and delivery of high-quality products to their customers.
The role is primarily supporting the technical managers and the commercial category teams providing technical support and direction during the development, launch and ongoing performance monitoring of own brand products, but also including branded product and supplier management as required. As a member of the wider Technical Services Team you will be required to provide support and advice to maintain the Food Safety, Legality and Quality of the product portfolio through interdepartmental and external supplier liaison.
- Various technical and general administration activities associated with a busy team of technical managers. This includes, but is not limited to supplier performance monitoring, laboratory testing, nutritional monitoring
- Screening supplier technical specification submissions and supporting specification completion when the need arises, ensuring all products have agreed Quality Attribute Sheet (QAS) prior to technologist final sign off. Supporting specification administration activities
- Screening artwork and feeding back comments to suppliers prior to technical manager final sign off.
- Reviewing marketing collateral, providing feedback where required
- Support with the product development process – including sample submission form collation and population of the nutritional screening tool
- Support customer complaints management, identifying issues from the weekly report, raising with technologists and investigating with the supplier
- Attend product assessment sessions. Provide cover for the product assessment officer where required
- Customer, third party professional & trade body liaison/interaction and support, as required
- Food Science or Technology degree preferred but examples of higher learning essential
- Previous experience in a technical administrative role preferred
- Good Communication and influencing skills – oral and written
- Proven planning & organising skills with the ability to manage administrative activities.
- Strong drive and adaptability ensuring deliverables are met efficiently and effectively.