Experienced Category Buyer required to support a large, chilled food manufacturing business for six months to cover maternity leave. REMOTE WORKING.
My client is looking for an experienced Category Buyer to support the central team for a period of six months to cover maternity leave. Remote working or on site whichever is your preference.
Reporting into the Head of Category for this large, chilled food manufacturing business you will be working as part of a team of six with specific responsibility for functional ingredients, herbs, and spices. Working as a team of six my client is looking for a graduate with their CIPS qualification and a number of years Buying experience, ideally within the FMCG sector.
You will work in partnership with the factories, suppliers and customers to ensure delivery.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities will include but not limited to -
- Market intelligence gathering to enable group procurement to build a stronger position in negotiations, managing risks and making better informed sourcing decisions in key category areas.
- Responsible, environmental, and ethical sourcing.
- To ensure appropriate supplier segmentation and from that, the correct supplier management which could involve everything from joint strategies, top to top meetings, supplier scorecards and integrated processes.
- Ensure appropriate contracts are developed to meet the individual needs of the appropriate supplier relationship. Ensure that company contracting policy and procedure is adhered to.
- Supplier led quality and innovation.
My client is looking for a Category Buyer with good interpersonal skills, able to build positive relationships with different stakeholders with the ability to work with minimal supervision and direction and demonstrate high levels of initiative.