Working Hours: 08:30 – 17:00 Monday to Friday
Salary: £22k - £30k depending on experience
Based: Crosby Road, Market Harborough, although travel between sites in Market Harborough is required and own transport will be needed.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, this Technical role encompasses a wide range of technical duties from supplier approval to factory audits and finished product. The main duties for the QA Technologist will be:
- Maintaining the Supplier Approval Matrix
- Creating and updating factory paperwork
- Writing product specifications
- Checking product packaging and creating new product labels
- Arranging and conducting taste panels
- Conducting traceability exercises
- Completing GMP and Glass and Hard Plastic Audits
- Help to maintain the Quality Management System in line with the SALSA standard
- Aiding the Technical Manager and making technical decisions in the Technical Manager’s absence
- Working with other departments including procurement, production and sales
The ideal candidate will have a minimum 2 years’ experience in a technical or quality role within the food industry. A proactive work ethic and attention to detail is key to the role along with good communication skills. A good understanding of HACCP, GMP, Food Safety and Food Hygiene is expected and you will grow you knowledge on all areas during your time with the company.