Job Title Apprentice / Trainee Farm Manager, Rearing
Location Multi-sites in Middlesborough – TS9 5NQ
Salary Basic + benefits
To work with the Farm Managers and Assistant Farm Managers to achieve all aspects listed below, whilst developing the required knowledge to be able to progress into a farm management role.
- To ensure that the highest standards are maintained in stock husbandry, bird welfare, flock performance and management.
- To ensure the highest site standards are maintained and the environmental & ethical policies are adhered to.
- To ensure sites are audit ready, and comply with all Noble and industry standards.
- To operate effectively the Company Health & Safety Policy
Why Noble Foods? It`s a chance to be part of an innovative, fast-moving business with a £500m+ turnover – and very humble beginnings. Our story started in 1920 when William Dean sold eggs door to door from a basket. A hundred years later, we`re providing major stores and businesses with a range of much-loved brands. They include Big & Fresh, Heritage Breeds, Purely Organic and The Happy Egg Co., Britain`s market leader. Our Milling Division manufactures around 750,000 tonnes of feed every year from five feed mills, supplying poultry and pig feed to livestock producers throughout the UK, as well as being able to supply home mixers with straight raw materials. To our Poultry Division where we process spent hens, chickens and broiler breeders to meet the highest standards required by our customers and the RSPCA, so concern for hen welfare is central to everything we do.
We offer a range of appetising benefits plus training and development in return for your hard work:
- Special staff prices for eggs (a reduced rate per dozen)
- Staff offers on chicken
- PerkBox – a range of discounted items including cinema tickets and a free drink of your choice per month from a High Street Coffee retailer
- Enhanced holiday scheme, which increases with length of service
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bird Welfare
- Health & Safety
- Record Keeping
- Workforce Management
- Site / Environmental
Training and Education:
The jobholder may be expected to complete training in the following areas:
- Level 2 work-based diploma in Agriculture
- Poultry Welfare (Management)
- Farm Security, Biosecurity and egg quality
- Food Safety
- First Aid
- Lion Training Passport (Industry)
- Health & Safety
- Manual Handling
- People Management Training (i.e., Disciplinary & Grievance, Investigations, Managing performance etc)
The requirements will be dependent on the jobholder’s previous experience, knowledge, qualifications, and the demands of the specific activities.
The role involves manual handling, bending and working outside. The jobholder should have a reasonable level of fitness and should report any conditions that may be aggravated by the required activities.
If you wish to apply for this role please click on the apply button with a copy of your up to date CV in word format quoting ref number 2962/190. All direct or third party applications will be directed to our outsourced resourcing Partners, Veritas Partnership Ltd.
Applicants to the positions advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd consent to Veritas holding their data in pursuance of recruitment services for this and future roles.