Machine Operators Monday to Friday 6am-2pm/2pm-10pm rotating shifts
Based: Haddenham, UK
Salary: £22,000 + shift allowance
We have amazing opportunities available for you to work for a growing, progressive global company with our people at the heart of what we do.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES & PURPOSE
In this role you will carry out production-related activities in our high-tech factory, whilst ensuring a quality product is made to customer requirements. These responsibilities will include:
- Set up, run and operate specified dispensary, blending and packing tasks within the factory, unsupervised
- Strip and clean specific lines and associated equipment and set up for product changeovers
- Fault find and report any breakdowns on the lines
- Liaise with colleagues ensuring continuity of Performance Reliability and output, whilst carrying out effective handovers, both verbally and in writing
- Correctly carry out any required quality checks and constantly monitor the quality of the product being filled and packed
- Accurately complete all necessary documentation, including Daily Direction Setting (DDS) boards
- Utilise the company’s manufacturing operations system - SAP
- Assist with the training of other employees, where necessary
- Adhere to all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), carry out duties following Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and 5S practices and be responsible for hygiene and housekeeping in a specified work area
- Adhere to health and safety regulations, working within ‘safe systems of work’
- Ensure full compliance with Company Quality, Food Safety, Health & Safety and Environmental requirements
- Have a flexible approach to work and carry out alternative duties, such as packing and rework, as and when required
- Participate in Journey to Excellence (JTE) projects, from data gathering to project completion.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills e.g. English & Maths at GCSE level or equivalent
- Mechanical aptitude
- Experience in a similar hands-on role
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Able to work in a team
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving and fault-finding skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible approach to working
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude towards work and colleagues
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people and our planet.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and flavors to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers in 150 countries and territories in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a culture based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, ethics and integrity and growth.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.