Engineer – Days
Salary: £41,000 plus overtime
Reports to: Engineering Team Leader
As a major food business with a modern production unit our recent sales growth has been second to none. Due to this growth we are currently recruiting engineers.
Reporting to the Engineering Team Leader, as an Engineer, you will be ensuring the smooth running of the factory by resolving predominately mechanical and electrical breakdowns, delivering maintenance and driving improvements across the site in terms of new machinery, hygiene, quality, and performance.
Every Engineer has a responsibility for Health and Safety, and this must be at the forefront of all engineering activity.
Skills & Knowledge:
Applicants for this position must be MULTI SKILLED ideally City & Guilds BTEC Level 3 or above in Electrical, a recognized apprenticeship within a manufacturing environment would be extremely advantageous.
All applicants must be self-motivated and have excellent communication skills. Experience of working within an automated production facility is essential for this position, whilst experience of working in the food / Brewery / FMCG sector is desirable.
- As an Engineer, you will work with the engineering team to test, install and commission new equipment prior to 'go live’ of the packing centre
- Respond promptly to breakdowns and give feedback to production regarding expected downtime and planned corrective action
- Conduct planned preventative maintenance and other equipment servicing as directed by the engineering manager
- Work closely with the fellow engineers and the production team to develop a dynamic and positive attitude to the challenges of a busy production department
- Focus on the key performance indicators (KPIs) identified by the Engineering Manager, and work towards achieving and surpassing agreed targets
- Give advice, training and recommendations to the production team regarding improvements to the process to maximise machine productivity and minimise down-time
- Ensure that all necessary documentation is up to date and complete
- Foster a constructive relationship with all departments and ensure lines of communication are open
- Complete any necessary training required for the role. The jobholder should be open to personal development
- Identify areas of inefficiency and waste. In agreement with the Engineering Manager, implement and review the agreed changes
- Once trained to do so, conduct risk assessments in the department
- The site is committed to being "audit-ready" at all times. Therefore, it is imperative that site hygiene, health & safety, and document control are all in line with customer specifications at all times.
We offer a range of appetising benefits plus training and development in return for your hard work:
- Special staff prices for products
- PerkBox – a range of discounted items including cinema tickets and a free drink of your choice per month from a High Street Coffee retailer
- Enhanced holiday scheme, which increases with length of service
- Sick Pay Scheme above statutory minimum, increasing with length of service (after qualifying period)
If you wish to apply for this role, please click on the apply button with a copy of your up to date cv in word format quoting ref number 2962/191fmj
Not right for you? We’d still like to speak with you about other opportunities, so please do send an up to date copy of your CV in word format and we will call you.
All direct or third-party applications will be forwarded to our retained consultants - Veritas Partnership Limited
All applications to roles advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd are reviewed by our team of consultants. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive we are unfortunately unable to respond to each applicant individually, therefore if you have not heard from us within 5 working days, unfortunately on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Applicants to the positions advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd consent to Veritas holding their data in pursuance of recruitment services for this and future roles.