My client are seeking an Operations Manager who will be accountable for the safe and efficient operation of all activities across the site, from material preparation through to despatch, including Health and Safety and Quality. This includes Customer Service and Administration. Responsible for management, support, motivation and development of all direct reports and via Shift Supervision, Team Leaders, material preparation, process technicians, production operators, warehouse and logistics.
- Responsible for management of all shift personnel and equipment through Shift Supervision
- Manage and develop all shift personnel ensuring ongoing development and training
- Carry out annual appraisals, disciplinaries and induction training programmes
- Ensure compliance to all statutory and regulatory requirements
- Follow, maintain and improve safety procedures
- Ensure compliance to all monthly and ad hoc safety training requirements
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment
- Communicate with the General Manager regarding company policies, system breakdowns, HSE issues.
- In conjunction with Engineering and Technical Manager, proactively troubleshoot and correct machinery problems to maintain production schedules and maximise machine running time
- In conjunction with Engineering and Technical Manager, ensure compliance to preventative maintenance programmes
- In conjunction with Engineering and Technical Manager ensure plant services are operating safely and efficiently
- Continual review of plant equipment to ensure optimal safety and operating efficiencies.
- Proven experience in a similar role (5/10 years)
- Strong hands on leadership experience
- Ability to develop, lead and motivate others
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Demonstrates experiences of making sound judgement under pressure
- Mechanical or process engineering background would be beneficial
- Ability to lead and promote Lean manufacturing initiatives
Salary - £60,000
Basic 40 hours. Monday - Friday 8am-5pm.