Inventory & Despatch Manager
Job ref: 7940 | up to £35,000 | Essex
We are seeking a talented individual to join an innovative food manufacturer who can provide a rewarding working environment.
This business has experienced tremendous success and is proud of its reputation for providing exceptional customer service and superior quality products.
The purpose of your role is to oversee all aspects of on and off site logistics activities, making sure each stage of the distribution process from goods-in to despatch through to customer receipt progresses on time, on budget and to the right standards.
- Manage the performance of the third-party logistics provider.
- Manage, supervise, train, and develop staff. Recruit and hire additional personnel as required to support growth.
- Build strong working relationships across multiple departments including stock replenishment, production planning, sales order processing, intake, and despatch.
- Constantly review ways to improve supply chain networks.
- In liaison with the Production Planners, ensure products and material is processed and released to production in a timely manner to meet production requirements.
- Manage KPIs to control and monitor supply chain development and performance.
- Maintain the ERP system to ensure a smooth flow of product data is continually reviewed and updated in line with the latest information.
Key skills and experience for the Inventory & Despatch Manager include:
- Logistics or supply chain related experience from a manufacturing or production environment.
- Excellent working knowledge of works order processing from intake, through to production and into despatch.
- Ideally experience within FMCG, most preferably food manufacturing.
- Ability to manage third-party logistics providers.
- Knowledge of export requirements is desirable, especially to Ireland.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise effectively with both internal and external stakeholders including customers.
- Commercially minded with the ability to identify improvement opportunities.
The Inventory & Despatch Manager job is based in Essex and is paying up to £35,000 according to your experience.
The working hours are Monday to Friday.
How to apply
To be considered for the Inventory & Despatch Manager job, please click the Apply button.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Inventory Manager | Stock Control Manager | Supply Chain Manager | Logistics Manager | Transport Manager | Distribution Manager | Warehouse Manager | FMCG Supply Chain Jobs | Food Supply Chain Jobs