Supply Chain & Logistics Manager
Job ref: 7940 | up to £35,000 | Essex
We are seeking a talented individual to join an innovative food manufacturer who can provide a rewarding working environment.
This business has experienced tremendous success and is proud of its reputation for providing exceptional customer service and superior quality products.
The purpose of your role as Supply Chain & Logistics Manager is to oversee all aspects of both on and off site logistic activities, making sure each stage of the distribution process is progressing on time, on budget and to the right standards.
- Manage the performance of the third-party provider in terms of end customer service level.
- Manage, supervise, train, and develop staff. Recruit and hire additional personnel as required to support growth
- Managing the relationship across multi-functional teams responsible for stock replenishment, production planning, sales order processing and intake & despatch.
- Constantly review ways to improve supply chain networks.
- In liaison with the Production Planners, ensure products and material is processed and released to production in a timely manner to meet production requirements.
- Manage KPIs to control and monitor supply chain development and performance.
- Maintain the ERP system to ensure a smooth flow of product data is continually reviewed and updated in line with the latest information.
Key skills and experience for the Supply Chain & Logistics Manager include:
- Strong logistics/supply chain track record within a manufacturing or production environment.
- Ideally experience within FMCG, most preferably food manufacturing.
- Experience managing third-party logistics providers.
- Knowledge of export requirements is desirable, especially to Ireland.
- Good numeracy skills to analyse costings, stock quantities etc.
- Proactive and hands-on approach, with an eye for identifying improvements and assessing existing processes to improve efficiency.
The Supply Chain & Logistics Manager job is based in Essex and is paying up to £35,000 according to your experience.
The working hours are Monday to Friday.
How to apply
To be considered for the Supply Chain & Logistics Manager job, please click the Apply button.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Supply Chain Manager | Logistics Manager | Transport Manager | Distribution Manager | Warehouse Manager | FMCG Supply Chain Jobs | Food Supply Chain Jobs