This No.1 in category FMCG business has a proud heritage in manufacturing natural foods with a leading Brand portfolio in addition to producing Private Label products for major retailers in the UK. The majority of the turnover is in the UK, however – with their European subsidiary, they provide to the European market with International growth being an important pillar of their future growth strategy bringing the company’s values of natural nutrition to the fore and repositioning it in the minds of their loyal consumers.
12mth Fixed-Term Contract
£25,000 - 28,000 | Northamptonshire
This position is a 12mth Fixed-Term Contract through to the end of 2022 with the opportunity to extend or possible switch to Perm depending on Project volume and 2022 performance. With your factory trials experience, you will recommend opportunities for product quality improvements as well as cost reductions and building collaborative relationships with key suppliers and internal stakeholders. Your experience in managing EPD/NPD projects will be essential as you will need to be able to demonstrate managing projects from brief to manufacturing handover ensuring deadlines are hit and quality is delivered. The role will be focused on developing and reformulating existing recipes as well as working on NPD projects in line with ingredient regulations.
The successful candidate will have the following criteria:-
- Some experience of working in a NPD, Process Development or R&D role within a food business
- Either a recent Food Science Graduate with Placement Year or someone with 12-18mths experience
- Excellent project management skills and demonstrable experience
- Must have hands-on factory trials experience
- Comfortable with running production trials for NPD/EPD projects whilst capturing and analysing trial data
- Must be able to create and agree raw materials Technical Specifications, reviewing results and making recommendations for improvements
- Experience in leading product panels and identifying opportunities to improve quality as well as reducing costs
- East Midlands based (Office 4 days + 1 day WFH)
*The successful candidate must be able to start immediately or within a 4week period.
** Candidates will be considered with NPD, Process Development, Quality and/or R&D experience.