Job Title: Production Planner
Benefits: Attractive benefits including pension
Shift: Week 1 – Mon, Tues, Fri 0600-16.30, Sat & Sun 0600-18.00
Week 2 – Wed, Thurs 0600-17.30
Exciting and dynamic food business require a new Production Planner to join their team. Are you looking to the security of food? We are happy to consider Production Planners from a range of industries.
The Production Planning position is a key support role to the Packing Centre’s production management team.
The following is a list of core responsibilities to be completed by the jobholder. Other duties may be assigned.
- Follow the company Health & Safety guidelines as outlined above
- Collating and reporting the day’s orders (entering stock & sales)
- Reporting Packing Centre information to central operations
- Ensuring the production team has the information they require to plan production
- Ensuring ungraded is in place to achieve sales and model intakes/usages going forward
- Controlling promotional planning within the packing centre
- Coordinating inter-packing centre packing/transfers to achieve business objectives
- Working with production management to minimise waste and maximise efficiency within the plans (full use of Automation – MR12,30,40,50,60’s)
- Work closely with the production team to develop a dynamic and positive attitude to the challenges of a busy production department
- Focus on the key performance indicators (KPIs) identified by the Business, and work towards achieving and surpassing agreed targets
- Assist Machine Controllers in planning production runs to minimise waste, maximise product life, meet customer dispatch times, and achieve the best possible throughput (taking into account any relevant production constraints)
- Identify areas of inefficiency and waste. In alignment with the businesses KPI’s, implement and review the agreed changes as and when required
- Drive focus within the planning team and stock control on minimal wastage of packed product (rework)
- To be “audit-ready” at all times, ensure that site hygiene, health & safety and document control are in line with customer specifications and always up to date
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, perkbox, onsite parking, onsite canteen + more.
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes them great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
If you wish to apply for this role please click on the apply button with a copy of your up to date cv in word format quoting ref number 2962/193fmj
Not right for you? We’d still like to speak with you about other opportunities, so please do send an up to date copy of your CV in word format and we will call you.
Please be aware that all third-party and direct applications will be forwarded to our Outsourced Recruitment Partner, Veritas Partnership Limited and no fees will be payable.
Applicants to the positions advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd consent to Veritas holding their data in pursuance of recruitment services for this and future roles.