BUSINESS MANAGER – FOOD RISK
c £70k to c £80k pa plus car and benefits
A true market leader, our client is a key division of a substantial global corporation which provide a unique range of operational and analytical laboratory testing services to multiple industries (including a substantial bias within the food and drink manufacturing industry). This is a significant organisation both in terms of size, scale and stature and are one of the fastest growing listed European companies. Yet its uniqueness is fostered by a culture of autonomy and a hub of entrepreneurship with businesses being led by autonomous business leaders empowered to take full ownership and custodian of their own organisation as part of the broader group.
This is an extremely exciting time to be joining this organisation as they are focused on a significant change agenda, with organic growth, selective acquisition and investment remaining firmly on their agenda - with the aim of doubling their turnover within 5 years.
- This critical new position demands an individual who can establish a proactive risk management offer and enable the organisation to maximise significant business and market opportunities within the risk arena.
- Based in the West Midlands and reporting to the Managing/Commercial Director, you will establish and lead a new business unit to enable the organisation to become true knowledge partners with customers through the provision of a best in class risk management service in food authenticity and food safety in order to create a genuine point of difference in the marketplace.
- Leading both technical and commercial activities, you will develop and build a robust risk management offering, bringing a new level of thinking and culture for a diverse customer base.
- To support the Commercial teams in developing appropriate customer leads and liaising with customers regularly to promote and drive awareness of the business offering and associated benefits.
- To create and maintain a robust suite of appropriate risk assessment tools and analysis whilst utilising the latest data analytics, information and resources.
- To develop a tailored risk management offer and on-boarding process whilst providing timely recommendations on emerging risk and hands on customer support.
- Create and manage annual cycles of risk assessment, risk management and risk monitoring with key customers whilst building up a team of risk analysts and experts to support the organisation.
- This unique position demands an individual who is seeking a highly visible and influential role.
- Commercial in nature with the ability to operate in both a hands-on and strategic capacity, you will understand the demands and drivers required to lead high impact risk management activities for the organisation.
- You will be comfortable and highly adept in a position which combines technical expertise and significant customer interaction and will understand full risk management activities including; governance, measurement and assessment, risk mitigation and reporting, strategy development and implementation of appropriate cycles of risk review.
- As such, you will be working for either a food manufacturer or food retailer/supermarket in either a senior level, technical management, quality assurance, procurement and/or food safety role where you will have been exposed to risk mitigation as part and parcel of your everyday life. Alternatively, you may be working within a food testing business in a senior technical capacity or in a Consultancy environment, providing a world class risk offer to customers.
- Alternatively, you may be working in a Consultancy environment, providing a world class risk offer to customers.
- Driven, energetic and creative in equal measure, you will be an outstanding high impact leader who is able to drive major commercial breakthroughs in risk management activities.
- This is a superb opportunity to be involved in influencing the shape and strength of the organisation and the successful candidate will relish the opportunity to develop their career in this true market leading organisation.
Interested? Please reply with full CV and current salary details. Candidates who fail to respond in this manner cannot be considered. Quote reference number 15/320 to; email@example.com