To lead the Technical Department including specifications/Quality Management/Process and NPD In addition to oversee the technical compliance of the hygiene function in a dynamic and growing food manufacturer. As site Technical manager you will be responsible for ensuring that all products manufactured by the company meet safety, quality and legal requirements.
• Ensure the operational process and production of finished goods are appropriately controlled, via HACCP, to ensure compliance with food safety and customer standards.
• Generate and control all factory system paperwork and the continual improvement of this.
• Ensure that technical governance is in place to deliver audit compliance with respect to internal, external, legal and customer requirements.
• Facilitate and take ownership of non-conformances from process, customer specifications and customer complaints, including investigation and resolution.
• Monitor departmental KPI's and develop a quality culture to ensure targets are achieved and standards and continuously improved.
• Be the lead during audits and site visits.
• Provide leadership and direction to ensure that within the function people are kept safe, engaged, focused, developed and delivering to their potential and are supported effectively in order to deliver products to the required specifications, legislation and customer standards by promoting a safety culture on site.
• Maintenance and implementation of the BRC accreditation .
• Keep abreast of all relevant legislation and where applicable, implement of new legislation Provide Technical support for production trials and delivery of innovation projects.
• Work closely with Supply Chain / Marketing / Operations etc with the introduction of new raw materials, packaging materials and products.
• Delivery of KPI targets and management reports.
• Delivery of customer complaint information and other monthly information as requested by internal stake holders.
• Degree educated in food science or in a relevant discipline
• Experience of working in the food industry as a Technical Manger
• 3-5 years experience at a similar level in food manufacturing
• HACCP level 3 minimum – level 4 desirable
• Man-management experience including managing employment relations
• Strong organisational skills to meet the demands of a 24/7 business
• Experience of managing BRC and retailer audits
• Good working knowledge of BRC V8 including food safety culture
For further information Please contact Lesa Lynch on 0208 203 1000 or email an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org