This is an opportunity for a Senior Buyer to step up to the next level and be part of the site Management Team. Read on for more details...
This is a great opportunity for a Senior Buyer with ingredients experience to step up to the next level. You'll be joining a leading UK food business supplying tasty, innovative products to all of the big grocery retailers. Reporting into the Head of Procurement you'll be an integral part of the Senior Management Team within the business and will manage a defined category of ingredients in a role crucial to the future success of the business. Working in strategic partnership with suppliers, internal stakeholders, NPD, Technical and Replenishment you will be a key force in delivering best in class purchasing performance.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage day to day relationships with key suppliers
- Run tenders and negotiate best price and terms
- Identify, manage, and execute potential savings in raw materials
- Provide relevant business updates on category dynamics
- Develop suppliers to meet business needs
- Source and review new raw materials in partnership with NPD team requirements
You will have strong ingredients buying experience gained from a food manufacturing environment and have an in-depth knowledge of the food supplier markets. You'll be commercially aware and comfortable operating in a fast paced, ever-changing environment to tight deadlines. Excellent communication skills will be a given, along with strong project management skills.
To apply please send me your details.