Job ref: 7946 | £18,000 - £19,500 | Devon
From the very beginning, this specialist food manufacturer has married traditional cooking methods with innovative flavours to create an impressive range of award-winning and delicious products.
The purpose of your role as Technical Assistant is to ensure that customer, company and legal requirements for raw materials and supplier quality assurance are achieved.
The role would suit a college leaver or graduate and training will be provided.
- Manage and authorise label declarations to ensure compliance and provide print templates for the design team.
- Maintain customer specification portals ensuring information is up to date and accurate.
- Act as the a point of contact for customer queries regarding specifications.
- Check and approve product artwork, packaging and labelling in accordance with customer requirements and current legislation.
- Ensure due diligence assessments and validations are undertaken on first production runs and product launches.
- Organise and maintain the procedure for approval of ingredients and packaging, ensuring all components are risk assessed and compliant with company standards, Allergen Control, TACCP and VACCP.
- Generate barcodes using the required software to ensure labels meet all legislative requirements.
Key skills and experience for the Technical Assistant include:
- Educated within a food technology related subject to at least an A-Level standard OR some experience working in a food quality or technical role.
- HACCP and/or Food Safety qualifications highly desirable.
- IT literate including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
The Technical Assistant job is based in Devon and is paying £18,000 - £19,500 according to your experience.
The working hours are 9 am to 5 pm, a total of 37.5 hours per week.
How to apply
To be considered for the Technical Assistant job, please click the Apply button.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Technical Administrator| Technical Admin Assistant | Technical Coordinator | Food Technologist | Technical Information Officer | Food Technical Jobs