An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Process Development Manager to join our team on a permanent basis!
Valeo Foods UK is the trading name of Rowse Honey Ltd. Many of the Valeo Foods brands are category leaders and include household names such as Rowse, Buckwud, Kelkin, and Matthew Walker. Wallingford is the headquarters for the UK business; here we pack our entire Rowse brand products, and also sell and distribute Balconi, Bolands and other Irish brands. Our successful portfolios of products are always expanding as we continue to grow throughout the UK and across Europe.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Leadership and management
- Lead cross functionally to ensure effective on time project management and implementation of all private label and brand NPD and EPD activity across the site.
- Lead the business in developing broader capability and understanding on Process control and SPC.
- Lead the business on innovation and new technology/innovative process solutions
- Lead on opportunities to drive improvement and reduce cost in the operation.
Process Development and Factory Trials
- Outline clear processes and procedures to ensure successful product launches
- Coordinate, implement and maintain an effective trial process ensuring that all new products are appropriately trialed prior to launch. Co-ordinate the implementation of new recipes and materials into the factory.
- Design and maintain an effective handover process agreed with the operational team.
- Lead on the site process improvement plan
- Attends the SPRINT meeting and manages SPRINT projects ensuring there are structured project plans in place.
- Coordinates all project activity from concept approval to launch through the wider operations team with cross-functional consultation, regular project meetings and stakeholder engagement.
- Supports effective management of critical paths to land projects on time.
- Builds effective relationships with customers to ensure we meet their needs
- Take the lead on all customer pre-production and product launches coordinating and collaborating across the business to ensure a successful outcome.
- Effective coordination, communication and running of factory trials.
- Completing shelf life, micro, taste panel sheets, photo standards, writing trial reports, nutritional’s, batching, recipe handover, BOM’s etc as associated with the scale up of products.
- Ensure provision of samples for customers and key stakeholders.
- Liaise with key suppliers and procurement to organize trial ingredients
- To provide accurate and appropriate information for the writing of internal specifications to the specifications team.
- Work across functions to ensure all paperwork and documentation is in place.
- Ensure that any recipes ready to be handed over to the factory contain appropriate batching details, and factory information for a smooth and accurate transition.
- Handover meeting to Production / QA required, where appropriate
- Ensure that trial, hold, taste panel and document control procedures are followed as per documented procedures, correct versions in use
- Identify and drive opportunities to improve processes and products.
- Support in trouble shooting day to day process and product related factory issues
Key Skills and Competencies
- Degree or equivalent in Food Science or related discipline or previous experience.
- Min 5 years’ experience in FMCG or similar environment, and with at least 3 years of managing teams
- HACCP Level 3 qualification
- Project management skills
- A strong leader of people
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Great at building relationships internally and externally
- Knowledge of effective structures and team dynamics and training and development needs
- Up to date knowledge of technical advances and the changing consumer landscape.
- Passionate about helping people to be the best they can and experience in coaching and developing people
- Diligent and attention to detail focused
- Problem solving skills
- A drive to succeed
- Organized and able to both multi-task and prioritize effectively
Valeo Foods UK are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.