Job ref: 7947 | £45,000 - £65,000 | Home Counties / East Anglia
The business is a successful, family-run company that manufacturers premium food products for national and international retail, foodservice, and catering customers.
The company operates from a state-of-the-art, high-care production facility, incorporating the most up-to-date processes and equipment.
The purpose of your role as Production/Operations Manager is to provide leadership to the manufacturing and warehousing teams to ensure the company’s products are manufactured on time, in accordance with internal and external quality, legal and other operating standards.
- As part of the planning team, consider customer demands & manufacturing efficiency, optimising where appropriate.
- Ensure the consistency and correct quality of finished products.
- Train and develop the manufacturing and warehouse staff to increase flexibility and deepen knowledge and skills.
- Ensure that the required factory hygiene standards are achieved and maintained in line with internal and best practice.
- Ensure that the required site health and safety standards are achieved and maintained in line with internal and regulatory requirements.
- Identify weekly and monthly Key Performance Indicators and monitor performance against them.
- Identify opportunities to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the company’s operations and make recommendations, including costing and payback calculations.
You will be a driven and forward-thinking Operations, Manufacturing or Production Manager with a strong food manufacturing industry background.
You will have a hands-on approach, a strategic mindset, and a passion for identifying improvements and implementing change harmoniously with the wider site teams.
Excellent analytical ability is also essential to plan CapEx projects, manage manufacturing KPI’s and forward plan operational changes affecting not just production, but the business as a whole.
You will be a motivational leader, being able to implement effective training plans and evolve your team to create an environment that provides progression, and allows staff to flourish.
The Production/Operations Manager job is based in the Home Counties / East Anglia region and is paying £45,000 - £65,000 according to your experience.
The working hours are Monday to Friday.
How to apply
To be considered for the Production/Operations Manager job, please click the Apply button.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Production Manager | Production Team Manager | Production Shift Manager | Head of Production | Head of Manufacturing | General Manager | Manufacturing Manager | Food Manufacturing Production Jobs