Technical Assistant (Maternity Contract)
Job ref: 7949 | £25,500 | Derbyshire
First established over 30 years ago, the business is now the largest UK manufacturer within their market sector. They manufacture products on behalf of large, well-known brands and supermarkets in the UK and internationally.
The business is rapidly expanding and innovating its product range to keep pace with the increasing customer requirements and expectations.
Reporting to the Technical Manager and working in a small team, the Technical Assistant provides day-to-day support to help ensure the quality, legality, and safety of the products.
- Conduct internal audits in accordance with the Food Safety & Quality Management System and manage the audit schedule.
- Ensures signed specifications are available for all finished products & raw materials/packaging components.
- Prepare and ensure cleaning procedures are being followed and schedules completed.
- Member of the HACCP team
- Investigate, record, and action non-conformances as appropriate
- Manage customer complaints and conduct complaint analysis.
- Complete customer supplier approval questionnaires and specifications.
- Check Certificates of Analysis/Conformance for incoming packaging materials and raw materials.
Key skills and experience for the Technical Assistant include:
- Experience working within the food manufacturing industry in a technical/quality role.
- HACCP experience and training preferred.
- Internal auditor experience and training is desirable.
- Knowledge of BRCGS and experience of BRCGS audits is also a benefit.
- Experience working with retailer specification systems would be beneficial.
- Excellent attention to detail plus good organisation and communication skills.
The Technical Assistant job is based in Derbyshire and is paying £25,500.
The working hours are 32 hours per week, which can be flexible according to your preference.
This is a maternity cover contract with a duration of 1 year.
How to apply
To be considered for the Technical Assistant (Maternity Contract) job, please click the Apply button.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Technical Administrator| Technical Admin Assistant | Technical Coordinator | Food Technologist | Technical Information Officer | Food Technical Jobs