Process Technologist - Bakery
Company – David Wood Baking
Location – West Midlands
Starting Salary - Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
David Wood Baking is a fast growing food manufacturing business operating out of 8 sites across the UK. Supplying most of the major retailers and discounters, food service firms and some of the UK’s leading brands with a selection of speciality bread, pies, sweet and savoury pastries and ready meal products through both frozen and ambient channels.
Our Development, Technical and Sales teams work closely together to innovate and deliver high quality goods that meet our customer’s briefs and technical standards. DWB is an exciting and challenging place to work and as the company continues to grow we are Looking for an experienced NPD Process Technologist to take on a varied position within the NPD team. This role offers a fantastic opportunity to expand your knowledge and work closely with technical and production teams.
Your role will involve managing the transfer of products from the test bakery into the factory to ensure successful launches of products. This role will involve liaising between the development, technical and production teams to ensure there is no compromise on quality of products whilst ensuring smooth transition into the manufacturing environment to meet the agreed customer timelines.
You must have a creative but methodical approach and can manage your time effectively to meet tight deadlines. You will manage all aspects of factory trials from ordering new raw materials for trials, completing trials and reports, making sure that processes are followed correctly, and findings are shared with the wider team. It would be a great advantage if you had a good technical understanding of NPD processes to ensure products comply with technical legislation and are delivered to the agreed quality and customer requirements.
- Previous experience working in a process or development role within food manufacturing
- A food science degree or relevant qualifications
- Confident working in both a development and production environment
- Attention to detail, able to multi-task, and able to work individually and as a team
- Strong organisational and communication skills for dealing with suppliers and customers
- Strong understanding of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Driving licence and flexible to travel