Job ref: 7953 | £30,000 - £35,000 | Essex
The business prides itself in supplying the highest quality fresh produce throughout the UK.
They are not only passionate about ensuring products are supplied in excellent condition, but also about their people and the continued success of the business.
The purpose of your role as Ripener is to:
- Ensure the implementation of the banana ripening programme
- Liaise with colleagues in production areas and quality control regarding the movement of fruit for ripening, production, and sales.
- Carry out training of Assistant and Trainee Ripeners.
- Daily and Monthly stock control and stock reconciliation.
- Understand and ensure implementation of a lean process.
- Understand and ensure a fully auditable and traceable system.
- Understand and maintain food safety standards, integrity, legality, and quality at all times.
Key skills and experience for the Ripener include:
- Proven experience working as a Ripener, or you may have a background in fresh produce with planning, stock control or similar knowledge.
- Able to use a stock management system.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Flexible to work shift patterns.
- Able to lift boxes of up to 20kg.
- Own transport is required due to site location and shift times.
The Ripener job is based in Essex and is paying £30,000 - £35,000 according to your experience.
The working hours are 6 am to 5 pm with 1-hour unpaid lunch break. Sunday to Wednesday.
How to apply
To be considered for the Ripener job, please click the Apply button.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.