With multi-site locations, our client continues to serve leading UK multiples and many leading restaurants brands (consumer products under licence) with an outstanding portfolio of products from their three manufacturing sites.
Reporting to an NPD Manager, you will be a key and important member of this growing NPD team, where you will be responsible for delivering strategic NPD, Innovation, and Investment projects - from initial ideation to process handover. Delivering innovative concepts for new and existing product ranges and working with a broad customer base to launch new products that are up to date with emerging trends and consumer expectations, you will be the first point of contact for your major accounts and responsible for managing customer briefs and new projects. In this customer focused role, you'll also be liaising frequently with your accounts to keep them updated on key projects as well as supporting commercial by attending post launch reviews.
- To Project Manage Key Innovation Projects with Strategic Customer Partners, within a cross-functional project team
- To develop new products both proactively and in partnership with Strategic Customers
- To create and maintain excellent working relationships with our Strategic Customers
- Duties cover managing kitchen concept work, pilot plant trials and factory trials
- To coordinate and support the NPD Stage/Gate process from concept to launch on assigned projects
- To ensure assigned projects are assessed to meet required Food Safety and Quality parameters
- To ensure required documentation is completed, transparent and provides due diligence
- Artwork checking and approval ensuring legal requirements are met as required
- To provide support on ingredient / product / process issues on live products
- To aid on assigned Factory C.I. projects where required
- Self-starter, well organised, team player, passionate “foodie”, innovative and creative thinker
- Excellent two-way communicator (written & verbal), Strong Food presentation skills
- “Commercially” aware (Cost and Operational parameters)
- Food Technology, Process technology or Food Science qualification (degree level or equivalent)
- Strong Product Development experience within a Food Manufacturing environment
- Previous Key Customer Relationship management (ideally Retail and B2B)
- Experience of Cross Functional Project Management, Major Investment Projects
- Experience in Process (Cooking) and Filling/Packaging operations, ideally Sauces/Condiments
- Understanding/Awareness of Packaging Technology
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with your CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James Constable to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.