Sweegen is rapidly growing and we are looking to recruit a Senior Development Technologist to work with our team in our Innovation Studio in Reading. We are a close-knit team, made up of passionate foodies who enjoy working together and having fun whilst delivering results for the business.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to showcase both your technical skills and innovation capabilities all while working in an engaging environment that provides equal amounts of challenges, growth opportunities, and support. Please learn more about our company at www.sweegen.com
• Lead and drive customer projects and/or technical challenges.
• Provide technical leadership to sales involving finished product development for customers.
• Utilize and strengthen understandings of the function of our ingredients and how they interact with strategic industry ingredients in a variety of food and beverages.
• Work with customers, sales team, and applications team to identify formulation challenges, solve problems and develop new, innovative ideas.
• Stay engaged with industry information and consumer trends to best respond to customer requests that deliver new value to their consumer groups & needs states.
• Ability to work independently and ability to work as part of a team. Be hands-on, decisive and action oriented.
• Ability to Coach & Mentor other members of the Technical Team
• BS/MS degree in food science, chemistry or related scientific field (e.g. engineering, nutrition, food technology) with 10+ years of product development experience or MS degree in the same fields will be considered. Well-rounded knowledge across product development categories, with a strong background in food & beverage.
• Strong background knowledge and experience working with high potency sweeteners (Stevia experience preferred) and their interactions and synergies across food & beverage required.
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills required for formulation work.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated ability to write comprehensive technical reports and deliver technical presentations.
• Accountable to manage strategic programs within the company, this may include but not limited to: subject matter expertise knowledge management and dissemination, Ownership Key Customer Technical Programs, etc.
• Solid project management skills including planning & organization, along with and proven ability to work with cross-functional teams.
At Sweegen, we view health & wellness not just as the powerful outcome of our products, but at the core to every aspect of our business. We specialize in providing solutions that are revolutionizing the food, beverage, pharma and supplement industries. This is made possible by our Creative Team who have patented our nature-derived production processes that are also highly sustainable. Our portfolio, which include taste modulation, taste solutions and our Signature stevia catalog, have been confirmed safe for use by the FDA (GRAS) and certified as non-GMO.
At Sweegen, we view wellness not just as the powerful outcome of our products, but as core to every aspect of our business.
We are a rapidly growing entrepreneurial company, and the Sweegen Product Development Team are key leaders in this purpose driven process. Our Team are visionaries that share an insatiable curiosity and optimism about the future.
Sweegen is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.