As an importer of a variety of prestigious brands from across the world, our client supplies a range of speciality foods into the retail, wholesale and food service sectors. The business is going through a dynamic time of change and development, with more exciting expansion plans in the pipeline.
Ensure the company is efficient in its billing of customers, cash collections and cash applications. This role will assist the Finance Manager in managing, processing and troubleshooting accounts and transactions.
• Invoicing: Customer invoicing in the accounting system and on EDI portal.
• Bank monitoring: checking the bank accounts daily and making necessary ledger entries on accounting system.
• Bank monitoring: book cash applications to customer invoices.
• Monitoring shared finance mailbox: ensure emails are monitored and appropriately actioned.
• Credit control: To work with your team and the Sales team to minimise late payment, and if required, take the relevant escalation actions.
• Purchases: To work with Sales & Marketing to ensure that expense invoices from customers are reviewed, matched & authorised, before payments are made.
• Raise debit notes or invoices to suppliers for Recharges.
• Troubleshooting: To deal with telephone enquiries and respond or channel as appropriate.
• Customer accounts: Help oversee and manage individual accounts.
• Payments: Taking debit/credit card payments using electronic terminal.
• Reports: To ensure the Finance manager is provided with timely, relevant and accurate data for the reports that may be required, such as month-end reports or Aged debtors.
• Administrative: Preparing mail, by franking ready for Royal Mail collection, when required, alongside assisting in any other administrative tasks.
• Accounting or administrative experience
• Strong, working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Diligent and conscientious in the accuracy of their work
• Excellent attention to detail
• Willing to learn
• Good communication skills and a strong team player
• Experience using Sage or equivalent accounting system would be beneficial
• Working knowledge of EDI would be beneficial
Ref Code: FMW40115
To apply or for more information, please e-mail in strict confidence, with an updated CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of Lisa Fox to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.