Job ref: 7957 | £45,000 - £55,000 | Central London
We are seeking a talented and ambitious individual to work for a small but rapidly growing overseas manufacturer of high quality, prepared food products, mostly supplying to a high-end retailer in the UK.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented food professional to work with a unique business that is highly regarded due to the exceptional quality of its handmade products.
As Technical Manager, you will manage and continually review and improve the UK technical processes, manage the UK technical team (2 direct reports) plus be the first point of contact for both customers and partner service sites.
You will have overall responsibility for the technical processes, ensuring all food products meet the required safety, quality, legality, and specification as required by customers.
This is a highly varied role, where you be able to utilise and showcase your skills, allowing you to progress within the business as the company also grows. The position also will allow you to travel 2-4 times per year to visit the company operations in South East Asia.
Key skills and experience for the Technical Manager include:
- Solid food manufacturing technical track record (minimum 5 years), ideally within prepared, value-added food.
- Customer-facing experience working with the UK major retailers (ideally M&S) as well as practical factory floor experience.
- Good knowledge of industry standard technical processes and outcome-based risk management.
- Ideally have knowledge of packaging design, materials, and sustainable packaging.
- Ability to travel to overseas production sites in South East Asia a couple of times per year.
The Technical Manager job is based in Central London and is paying £45,000 - £55,000 according to your experience. There is also excellent opportunity to progress in the business.
The package includes 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours a week.
How to apply
To be considered for the Technical Manager job, please click the Apply button.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Head of Technical | QA Manager | Quality Assurance Manager | Senior Quality Manager | Food Manufacturing Technical Management Jobs | Food Safety Jobs