The Supply Coach is a key role within the Supply Centre Manufacturing Operations and is integral to delivering our Supply Centre aims.
This will be achieved by growing and engaging our teams through effective communication, recognising and building on the teams’ strengths and demonstrating genuine care for people and their development. In addition, the role will be a positive advocate of change.
As a key communicator for ASC Andover Supply Centre (Andover Manufacturing facility supplying into UK&I Market), the role will provide clarity on our direction and vision and through focussed support and development of individuals in a shift environment, the Supply Coach will build an autonomous team to deliver safe, premium quality products to customers on time and at minimum cost.
The Supply Coach is a role model for the team (Technicians, between 5-10) and will instil pride in the brand through building team engagement, growing trust and integrity and helping the team to make great decisions.
- Be accessible to the team and individuals to enable discussion and ‘in the moment’ coaching to drive greater ownership and clarity of decisions.
- Demonstrate positive role modelling and setting high personal standards for the team to be inspired by and aspire to.
- Monitoring and evaluation/sign off of documentation for audit compliance in the shift.
- Raising, investigating Quality Non-conformances.
- Conducting some quality inspection checks/camera validation if required.
- Line Clearance, changeover process sign offs.
- Conducting Line Side Short Interval Control (SIC’s)
- Responsible for Shift KPI’s- Safety, Quality, Performance, Waste, Labour etc.
- Create an environment for success by giving clarity of expectations to the team in relation to priorities and targets.
- Facilitate and develop ideas from team to improve processes that can support the needs of the business to drive performance and reduce costs.
- Monthly 1-2-1 meetings with each team member to support development needs, understand individual’s aspirations and feedback on performance gaps and behaviours.
- Plan labour effectively by Identifying gaps and work with peers to ensure optimum planning of labour and skills available to meet demand.
- Build a multi-skilled, flexible and autonomous team.
- Build good peer relationships to maximise opportunities to support others throughout the Supply function aligning to T-Shaped behaviours.
- Engage with the wider leadership team to seek support and promote effective communication and data flow.
- Build strong customer relationships with internal customers and at senior level.
- Area decision making and ownership, responsible for materials into area and supplying internal and external customers.
- Promotion of Health, Safety and Environmental ownership, through effective engagement of team in HS&E activities, management of area “Safety learning opportunities at work” (SLOWs) identifying opportunities to eliminate or mitigate risk and escalation.
- Responsible for team delivery of efficiency OEE and other performance targets.
- Ensure administrative and people management duties are carried out in an accurate and timely manner in relation to absence management to include investigations and disciplinary process.
- Take corrective action on issues which significantly impact core KPIs.
- Ensure that the quality procedures are adhered to and quality objectives are clearly understood by the team to drive increased ownership.
- Support the lean approach and enable the team to drive waste reduction across ASC.
- Recruitment, selection and induction of new ASC team members to ensure they are aligned to our values and behaviours.
- Comply with statutory standards and ABF policies.
- Effective escalation of proportionate issues to Supply Lead in a timely manner and with relevant detail.
- Ensure stock accuracy and stock transactions are completed on time and in full by ensuring the team is equipped and encouraged to make the right decisions though effective coaching.
- Reduce waste within area by ensuring standards and targets are achieved through effective coaching and providing clarity to the team.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties within the scope, purpose and remit of the role as agreed with management.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- An experienced people leader; with a proven track record of delivering improvements and achieving challenging goals.
- Experienced in delivering effective coaching to develop your teams’ skills and confidence.
- Experienced in using and/ or implementing Continuous Improvement and Lean techniques such as 5S, problem solving, Standardized Work, Visual Management.
- Qualified to NQV or a vocational equivalent.
- Experienced in FMCG and ideally hold a IOSH Qualification.
- An effective communicator with the ability to create engaging relationships at all levels.
- Exceptionally organised with the ability to work on several tasks and projects concurrently.
- Inquisitive with the drive to seek opportunities to improve.
- Onsite Restaurant with free tea, coffee and fruit and discounted food options
- Onsite Staff shop and online staff discounts
- Free onsite parking
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays and the option to buy and sell holidays
- Onsite Gym and Wellbeing Centre
- Perkbox – employee discount scheme with discounts online, in high street stores, cinema, holidays, restaurants and many more
- Pension scheme with your contributions matched for up to 10% of your salary
- Cycle to work scheme
- SimplyHealth Cash plan