Our client, an award-winning Food Manufacturer based on the Isle of Man are looking for a Technical Manager. The successful candidate will manage a small Technical and Laboratory team and lead the delivery and maintenance of standards and processes to meet all legal, regulatory and compliance requirements.
Reporting directly to the MD, responsibilities for the role will include:
- Responsibility for identifying trends in customer complaints, investigating quality issues and working alongside relevant department managers to implement corrective measures.
- Responsibility (as company Lead Auditor) for auditing suppliers, the internal QMS for laboratory (CLAS) and against the BRC Global Standard.
- Leading the HACCP Team providing technical input as required
- Acting as QMS Representative, in conjunction with external laboratories; monitor and report on the safety, quality and specification of all products, ensuring compliance with the Quality Management System and implementing corrective action procedure in areas of non-compliance.
- Overall responsibility for the function of the Laboratory, ensuring the CLAS standard is achieved. Ensuring that all testing is carried out to a satisfactory standard and in a cost-effective manner.
- Ensuring hygiene and product quality meet relevant legal and customer specifications
- Liaising with suppliers on compliance and raw quality testing.
- Managing the NPD process, by contributing to and being part of the Senior Management Team; developing new ideas, solutions and giving constructive input
- Product quality troubleshooting and root cause analysis
Essential / Desirable skills include:
- Experience in a Technical Management or Senior Quality Management role within Food Manufacturing in a chilled food environment
- NPD experience would also be helpful but not essential
- Level 4 HACCP certification
- Lead Auditor Experience
- Experience managing an on-site chemistry laboratory would be desirable
- Well established, Food Manufacturer
- Customers are at the heart of the business, creating value through strong, long-term partnerships
- Focus on providing high quality, fresh chilled products across the Isle of Man and internationally
- Award-winning products
The role offers a competitive salary of £50k-£60k per annum as well as assistance with relocation costs. It will be a Monday to Friday site-based role.
If a move to an area with a calmer pace of life, plenty of outdoor activities and favourable taxation appeals to you then please apply AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4592 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.