To provide a single point of leadership on shift ensuring day to day alignment of stakeholders and direct reports to deliver shift performance. The role holder will be responsible for managing all people related issues on shift as well as identifying opportunities for future improvements to shift performance.
Position In Organisation
The job holder will have the following direct reports:
- Performance Co-ordinator L5
- Crewing Co-ordinator L5
- On shift GO's
- On shift MT's
The job holder will have the following matrix reports:
- Quality Co-ordinator L5
- Maintenance Engineer L5
- To manage the on shift team, driving excellence in their work and continuously striving for improvements in working practices
- To recognise future demands on the shift team and drive readiness to meet these needs.
- Incident and regulatory visit controller
- Responsible for the balanced scorecard delivery on shift
- Manage shift stakeholders ensuring timely and effective communication- e.g. to Senior Operations Manager on days
- Responsible for key people processes on shift e.g. talent reviews, disciplinaries, development for targeted individuals, roundtables, pay review & other communications.
- Act as the point of contact for any non-executional, task based shift requirements
- Responsible for overall GEMBA across all areas of the shift
- Responsible for coordinating the 12 hourly QCDM escalation meeting on shift
- Deliver performance management processes for L5 coordinators, including PDR, ACE Career Conversations.
- Provide absence cover for opposite shift operations managers
- Responsible for Safety on shift
All line management activities up to and including dismissal.
Daily escalation decisions following SIC processes.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong management experience of leading large teams
- Ability to operate within a matrix environment (demonstrates POM behaviours)
- Flexible, 'can do,' attitude to role and duties.
- Results driven and understands the link between action & results.
- Excellent communicator with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to influence upwards and across in the organisation
- Good computer skills
- Ability to prioritise
Senior Management Team
Front line Teams
Site Financial Team