PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $68 billion in net revenue in 2020, driven by a complimentary food and beverage portfolio that includes Walkers, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. "Winning with Purpose" reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business.
It focuses on meeting customer expectation through the continuous improvement of the operational processes and taking a world class manufacturing approach, this plays a key part in maintaining and improving the standard in our Lean framework.
The continuous improvement Manager is responsible for ensuring productivity goals for current year are met through coordinating existing projects, analyzing current practices, delivering improvements, and tracking cost management activities. The continuous improvement Manager will be responsible for developing a healthy pipeline of productivity projects having 5 specialists reporting into them as well as cadence responsibility for corrective A3 projects.
- Cost Management and Process Improvement
- Analyse financial and performance reports to identify, recommend and implement methods to reduce waste, inefficiencies and non-value added activities.
- Analyse and understand principles of operations for processing and packaging system (process/equipment/methods) capabilities in order to identify, develop, and execute improvement opportunities.
- Demonstrate exemplary problem solving skills; coach and lead others to execute problem solving using lean methodologies. Lead and facilitate Root Cause Analysis (RCA), SIPOC and DMAIC problem solving projects. Green Belt accreditation required - training will be supported.
- Own the LSS project agenda with regular project reviews for progress vs productivity task and ensure that corrective A3s are on track & reviewed through the weekly QCDM format.
- Facilitate brainstorming meetings with Production work teams and functional team members to identify cost improvement projects. Then, coordinate the development of execution timelines and action step accountabilities (RACI charts).
- EHS - establish and/or maintain departmental programs which assure full compliance with pre-established safety standards
- Communication - demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills through leading meetings, facilitating meetings and preparing written plant communications. Utilise Microsoft Office products to support delivery of excellent communication
- Project and Departmental Financial Results and Analysis
- Support annual budget for the Site for productivity.
- Develop long range plans, goals and strategies in order to ensure MOH productivity of the site.
- Coordinate and complete cost studies, work with the project team to identify capital requirements.
- Ensure financial commitments and targets are achieved or exceeded in the areas of operating income and invested capital to ultimately contribute to the net profitability of the department. This is achieved through management of capital plans, cost improvement goals, variable costs, fixed costs (including maintenance), quality, high performance work system development, and other miscellaneous areas.
- Departmental Capital Planning
- Assist in the development of department capital plans to support the delivery of business objectives.
- Manage/lead operational projects via Project Plans.
- Training, Coaching and Mentoring
- Educate department employees on KPI's (key performance indicators) and other business information. Coach and train your work team on the costs of the operation and how their actions can impact these costs. These costs will include labour, yield, waste and fixed budgets.
- Assist in plant initiatives and direct line supervision as needed.
- Coach and lead teams within the assigned area of responsibilities
- Responsible for IPS, Standard Settings and top losses for assigned area. Identifying opportunities and working with production teams and site teams to resolve issues using Focused Improvement Tools.
- Seeking / using best practice within PepsiCo, by owning the Starfleet agenda for the site
- Developing specialist pipeline talent
- Review technical capability of operators and work with training manager to identify support training programmes required
- The Skelmersdale facility consists of highly automated and complex machinery. The candidate must be knowledgeable concerning sophisticated processing and packaging machinery and materials being used. The Continuous Improvement manager must be able to coordinate daily activities with the Operations and Manufacturing Excellence Manager, Shift Operations Managers and other operating departments, staff groups, and/or suppliers. The continuous improvement Manager is expected to develop, recommend, and implement productivity improvements.
- Prioritisation of workload and self-managemen
- Sustain a culture of continuous improvement
- Microsoft Office
- Problem Solving
- Lean Six Sigma / DMAIC (Green Belt) Financial and Accounting Skills
- Financial Analysis
- Project Management Skills
- Long-Range Operations Planning
- Human Relations Skills
- Communication Skills
- High level of technical knowledge of process and analytical data of site is preferred to optimization of performance
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a co-operative style that builds strong relationships and respect for others
- Strong coach and facilitator with the ability to influence behaviour and identify training needs at all levels
- Ability to apply technical knowledge in a consistent, methodical way when faced with problems
- Planning ability - complex trials, data collection and analysis
- Self starter with the ability to think strategically and develop action plans through the prioritisation of work streams
- A strong role model for Safety, Environmental, Quality and Food Safety behaviors
- Flexible working style to suit the priorities and coverage of other production areas