Job ref: 7966 | £25,000 | Greater Manchester
This is a brand-new position that has been created due to the expansion of this multi-sited, fast-growing company.
They have been established for over 50 years and supply into private label retailers and own brand, as well as foodservice and food manufacturing businesses.
Key tasks of the Technical Assistant include:
- Manage the specification system and ensure all specifications are accurate and up to date.
- Manage the supplier approval system and ensure that all relevant details (GFSI, ethical, environmental) are kept up to date.
- Update and manage packaging details.
- Work with suppliers to reduce packaging where possible to reduce the company’s exposure to the PPT and subsequent EPR tax system.
- Assist the Technical Managers to develop customer product specifications as required.
The Technical Assistant job would suit a food science graduate (ideally with a technical placement) looking for their first food industry job, or someone with food technical experience looking to progress.
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Office software.
- High attention to detail and great organisation skills.
- Working knowledge of food technical specifications is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of packaging and related legislation and requirements is also a great benefit.
- Own transport is essential due to site location.
The Technical Assistant job is based in Greater Manchester and is paying £25,000.
The working hours are 37.5 hours per week between 8 am and 5 pm with 1 hour lunch break with slight flexibility to start/finish times.
How to apply
To be considered for the Technical Assistant job, please click the Apply button.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Technical Administrator| Technical Admin Assistant | Technical Coordinator | Food Technologist | Technical Information Officer | Graduate Specifications Technologist | Food Technical Jobs