Our client is a long established and successful food manufacturer based in the Midlands who produce consistently high quality products. They are looking for a development manager to lead and manage the research and development functions and manage the team of development technologists.
The development manager will be responsible for leading and managing the research and development functions in order to provide an agile and innovative reactive service for customers alongside delivering a truly proactive plan to develop new products and markets.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing a team, including role evaluation and review, recruitment as necessary, induction and training, performance review and appraisal, issues pertaining to performance, conduct and grievance and motivation (with referral to HR as required).
- Agreeing, reviewing and operating within an expenditure budget:
- Operate as an effective member of the leadership team to help one another push the boundaries of business performance
- Promote a strong customer service ethos within your team to endeavour to exceed customer expectations
- Develop new recipes, amend existing recipes and innovate new products across all cuisines for flavour delivery and for the incorporation of added value leguminous ingredients
- Organise and manage sample preparation and dispatch
- Generate preliminary specifications for finished products, which are sent with samples to customers
- Organise and deliver product presentations to customer
- Liaise with customers on matters such as price and volume, where appropriate, for new products to expedite their decision-making process
- Degree in food science or chemistry or related subject, or directly relevant experience
- At least 10 years experience in food product development
- A track record in product concept, process and bringing product to market
- Exceptional organisation, attention to detail and project management skills
- Excellent team skills and the ability to manage diverse departmental goals toward successful project completion
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels and to convey technical concepts to a diverse internal team
Ref Code: FMW40126
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with your CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of Lisa Fox
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.