Taking on a new role, within a newly invested site for a BRC champion business; What a great way to start 2022!
This business is seeking a Technical Manager to join a growing team with more new faces joining in the new year. The Technical Manager will be someone looking to advance their career, perhaps coming from a smaller business or Quality Management role looking to step up.
They supply a variety of added value meat products into foodservice customers and have just invested heavily into their factory and offices in North Wales. Add to this, they were accredited AA by the BRC after a recent audit. It really is a great time to join this food business as they continue to win new business, plaudits and rave reviews.
As Technical Manager will join a team of four in the department and nearly 100 on the factory floor. Working with the Operations Manager you are asked to drive the quality within the team and wider business. Forming a strong, trusted relationship with the staff, it's your role to coordinate with the production manager, in ensuring products meet the regulatory specifications and those of the customer's.
You are asked to implement the technical standards, specifications, systems, and processes, which will ensure these standards meet or exceed customer's requirements and are fully compliant with auditing codes.
Your opportunity here will see you …
- Ensuring that relevant, robust systems, procedures, and policies are implemented and evaluated/updated to maintain complete compliance to the most up to date BRC and customer requirements whilst maintaining product quality, legality, and safety
- Maintain allergen and HACCP controls on site and the accuracy of associated information
- Reviewing and maintaining process control systems and check sheets
- Complete risk-based quality system audits on site to include process, HACCP
- Monitoring and tending to customer complaints and internal taste panels, to ensure these are reported and this information is distributed as appropriate
- Ensure systems are in place to reject non-conforming products
- Managing the relationships with customer technical teams, 3rd party service providers
- Auditing supplier compliance on a risk-assessed basis
- Act as point of contact for group, customer and auditing body technical issues and communication
With an intimate team around you and an engaged production staff, this really is the chance for a leader to take on a new challenge and advance their career. If you have enjoyed managing a team, affecting change where needed, and assisting in the improvement of your products, then this is the chance to continue that in an environment ready to support you.