Technical Manager – 6-9 month fixed term contract Hybrid Working
London/ home-based flexible working
Competitive salary + car allowance + package
Our client believes passionately in providing high quality food, using the best raw ingredients, working with suppliers they know and trust and ensuring consistent standards. As a progressive company everything they do is down to real dedication to food quality, safety and nutrition, as well as social responsibility, environmental and agricultural sustainability.
You will be responsible for assuring the safety, quality and legality of food products through the entire supply chain. Developing a team of experienced technical members to protect and build Brand Trust along with developing and leading the supplier food safety and quality systems to mitigate risk and address emerging issues.
• To lead all aspects of the management of supplier accounts, with support from the team, setting a risk-based approach
• Develop ‘best in class’ collaborative supplier relationships
• Maintain the category management approach with senior colleagues in strategic sourcing, sustainable & ethical sourcing and new product development
• Lead Quality Management System procedures and policies
• Strategic development of Technical plan
• Operate on a global level, facilitating the technical team to add value and innovation to the business
• Represent UK and Ireland supply chain technical and food safety discussions with both internal and external partners
• Develop and lead the QA department budget
Degree qualified in Food Science or a related subject, backed by relevant experience in a similar role, you should be a proven technical professional, hold minimum level 3 HACCP and possess lead auditor training. You’ll have an up to date working knowledge of food safety legislation, along with the ability to build strong and sustainable working relationships, adding real value to the supply chain process. Added to this, we’re seeking a strong leader with a desire to develop themselves and the team with energy and passion. Must have a valid driver’s license