National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is a leading provider to the worldwide oil and gas industry. We operate in over 700 locations worldwide and we are continuing to grow our business. At NOV we believe in looking after our people and offer competitive salaries, development opportunities and an attractive benefits package including company vehicle, pension, private healthcare and generous annual leave. We have the following opportunity to join our team at Procon Engineering (A Division of NOV) based in Kent.
Procon Engineering is one of the leading UK companies supplying electronic weighing and process control systems, together with boiler leak detection systems to locations all over the world.
This is a great opportunity, to be part of our field-based service team involved with the calibration, maintenance and repair of electronic weighing instrumentation, specialist transducers and process control systems, together with the test and calibration of other measuring instruments (such as temperature probes).
In your role as field service engineer,you will be home based, travelling to customer sites daily to undertake your work (with some overnight stays). You will utilise your technical knowledge and experience, to calibrate commission and repair on-site weighing systems by various methods and additional undertake training to support the companies range of products – including beltweigher and boiler leak detection systems.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carry out pre-scheduled calibrations / breakdowns / commissioning of on-site process weighing systems
- Calibration of temperature controllers & probes, pressure gauges, PH & conductively probes
- Installation & calibration of in-line belt weighing systems & boiler leak detection systems
- Off site repair of scales and balances
- Preparation of service call reports, calibration certificates etc. before leaving site
- All activities you undertake must comply with all NOV/Procon Engineering HSE policies and procedures
- You will be required to visit Procon Engineering HQ from time to time for training, or to assist will final assembly and testing
- You will be expected to be available for one Saturday in three to cover essential weekend scheduled site work
- On some occasions you will be required to work with or assist another engineer
- When required you will be expected to stay over-night to undertake site work
- ONC or equivalent in Electrical / Electronic Engineering (essential)
- HNC in Electrical / Electronic Engineering (desirable)
- Time served engineer (essential)
- Previous experience in a similar role (desirable)
SKILL, TRAINING & SPECIALIST KNOWLEDGE:
- It is essential that you are motivated driven and prepared to work unaccompanied and under your own initiative
- Fault finding on a range of weighing systems from balances & platforms (essential)
- Experience weighing systems from balances, platforms, silo’s and processes control systems (essential)
- On-Site experience of service / calibration of process weighing equipment (essential)
- Ability to work with under pressure (essential)
- Team working (essential)
- Able to travel throughout the UK, with overnight stays (essential)