NPD MANAGER- DUDLEY
45HRS PER WEEK
David Wood Baking is a fast-growing food manufacturing business operating out of 8 sites across the UK. Supplying most of the major retailers and discounters, food service firms and some of the UK’s leading brands with a selection of speciality bread, pies, sweet and savoury pastries, and ready meal products through both frozen and ambient channels.
Our Development, Technical and Sales teams work closely together to innovate and deliver high quality goods that meet our customer’s briefs and technical standards. DWB is an exciting and challenging place to work and as the company continues to grow, we are looking for an experienced Process and Development Manager to lead an NPD team and manage all aspects of new product and existing product development projects.
This is a diverse role which will include working across multiple manufacturing sites and you will be instrumental in ensuring that projects are delivered to meet the agreed customer timelines, quality, and commercial targets. You must be confident working in a fast-paced environment to organise and lead teams under pressure; carefully managing priorities whilst maintaining close attention to detail. You must be confident in a customer facing role and can communicate at all levels.
- Previous experience working in a development manager role within food manufacturing
- Proven track record of delivering projects from concept to launch, managing, and coordinating product and packaging changes
- Work closely with commercial managers to manage customer accounts and communicate NPD activity internally
- Analytical thinker with excellent project management skills to drive and influence the NPD agenda
- NPD knowledge with understanding of the major retailer’s brand standards
- Ability to outline clear processes and procedures to ensure successful launch
- Highly collaborative to manage internal teams and key stakeholders to drive and deliver innovation
- A clear understanding of HACCP and food safety
- Driving licence and flexible to travel
- Hold a food science degree or relevant qualifications