To ensure technical compliance and that food safety & quality standards are met at all times.
• To ensure raw material specifications are up to date
• Manage NPD, internal and finished product specifications
• Take an active role in completing NPD checks for all new products
• Liaise with suppliers regarding product specifications and technical issues
• Keep standard operating procedures up to date
• Monitor CCPs, perform traceabilities and provide refresher training to the production staff.
• Keep equipment calibration and maintenance schedule up to date
• Ensure training records for all staff are up to date and CCP monitoring training is carried out according to schedule.
• Support and work closely with the QA Assistant and be instrumental in the development of the QA department
• Process document changes (production and QA department) where required.
• Assist the technical manager with BRC and customer audits.
• Take part in investigating customer complaints
• Food Science Degree or equivalent, relevant qualification is preferred
• Knowledge of specifications and current food legislation
• Good organisational skills
• Proficient level in Microsoft Office and ability to navigate on appropriate useful websites
• Ability to collate and present information along with strong research abilities and a keen eye for details, as well as accurate data recording and organisational skills
• Effective communicator at all levels – interpersonal and written