An exciting opportunity to join the Mars Food factory in Kings Lynn as an Area Reliability Technician has become available. The primary responsibility of the role is to successfully implement the area reliability strategy and specific projects to reduce technical and asset downtime. You will also lead others to deliver on tasks and collaborate with peers and operators in driving best practice across the factory.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience and technical expertise in solving critical production stoppages and planned maintenance tasks.
- Leading continuous improvement projects working across multiple business functions and levels of stakeholders.
- Higher National Certificate (HNC) in an electrical/mechanical or mechatronic engineering discipline is desirable, supported by suitable experience.
- A results driven, problem solver that is able to self-manage and has a keen interest in self-development.
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Identification and close out of problems through Root Cause Analysis methodology problem solving and asset care strategy
- Diagnose and fix plant and site services reliability and breakdown issues across responsibility area (help or cover shift team). Assume role of Technical lead for all PET activity (Emergency situations)
- Drive technical training and knowledge sharing across various shifts and teams
- Ownership of preventative maintenance (PM) strategy for area (PM plans, greasing, cleaning plans and spare parts strategy) and drive technical and RFT losses in area. Owner of maintenance planning for area ensuring PM completion and quality is of world class standard
- Responsible for the input into the site Assert Health Check strategy, identifying key assets that require upgrade
- Responsible for implementation of site, safety and quality standards ensuring conformity across assets
- Ownership of specific projects to deliver a reduction in asset criticality site wide. Maintenance representative on project being implemented in area of ownership
- Ensuring Technical Compliance in area of ownership- Safety, quality and engineering
- Upskilling of operations team through autonomous maintenance implementation, support Technical Coordinators with technical skills when priority dictates and management of contractors (up to 10 people)
- Lead maintenance activities during maintenance outages in area of responsibility. Repair own equipment during maintenance outages together with other technicians and technical contractors
- Member of regional or global community of experts programs
What can you expect from Mars?
- An industry competitive salary at £40 000.00 per annum subject to experience, slightly negotiable.
- An attractive benefits package, including a performance bonus, pension scheme up and private medical care
- Mars have been voted in the Top 10 of UK ‘Great Places to Work’ since 2016
- A company that understands the importance of a work-life balance. No shift work required, normal Monday to Friday work hours. 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- You can count on our commitment to your growth and development as you work across our world-famous brands. Mentoring and coaching is tailored to each individual’s diverse background.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.