Technical Manager - 55k
I am looking for a technical manager for a best in class food manufacturer a small site managing a team of 3.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced, driven QAM looking for that next step.
Accountable for the effective, efficient and economic management of the Quality Assurance, Hygiene and Water Treatments departments. To ensure that all aspects of food safety are communicated and understood to all members of the team and that all legal requirements are met. Accountable for the continuous improvement in quality standards to meet customer requirements.
- Implement the technical strategy on a day to day basis ensuring that all technical standard customer codes of practice and food legislation are consistently adhered to allowing all products to be positively released.
- To be a first point of contact for site customer technical personnel ensuring that customer technical policies and quality standards are maintained and requests for information are responded to in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Ensure that HACCP is maintained within the factory and reflects best practice at all times.
- Ensure the QA department is run effectively and adequate technical resources are available.
- Ensure that all areas have adequate pest control mechanisms in place limiting the threat to food safety.
- Carry out trend analysis of quality issues e.g. customer complaints and TVC counts. Monitor, review and communicate where necessary.
- Manage and co-ordinate internal audits by;
- 1) Implementing audits ensuring scope is applicable.
- 2) Planning and scheduling internal audits to required frequency.
- 3) Following up on issues raised and implementing relevant corrective action.
- General support and guidance of the management team with regard to technical issues as required.
- Ensure appropriate intervention/action takes place as required when a failure occurs in any areas ensuring action points are taken and results communicated to relevant areas.
- Ensure all raw materials meet specifications and requirements.
- Create an environment of acceptance to change by promoting pro-activeness and adjustment.
- Develop a culture of teamwork and co-operation throughout site through own influence and guidance.
- Assist in the facilitation and coordination of audits including BRC and other accreditation audits.
- Engage in ad hoc project work that will strengthen and develop the Technical Department.
- Advise and provide information to site Management, ensuring compliance with statutory requirements by fully understanding company policy and procedures, current and future technical legislation and its implications on the business, with regular contact with Group Technical Manager.
- Liaise with Environmental Agency, FSA and MLC where necessary, whilst establishing a good working relationship and providing timely statutory reports as and when required.
- Hygiene – To ensure best practice is adopted at all times for control, staff, product and environmental hygiene.
- Health and Safety – To ensure job observations, risk assessments are up to date and to comply with health and safety regulations at all times. Be active in trying to reduce risk in accidents.
- Training – To constantly review training needs in all areas and administer development as applicable.
- Degree level qualification in a food or a science related subject or a minimum of 5 years experience in a Technical / Quality Assurance food manufacturing role.
- High care experience
- Food Safety Level 3 minimum
- HACCP Level 3 minimum
- Lead Auditor Trained a distinct advantage
- First hand experience of driving, managing and delivering projects to demanding deadlines is a distinct advantage.
- First hand experience of team management.
- Knowledge and experience of retailer manufacturing standards.
How to apply
If this really sounds like you and you want to be considered for the Sale Manager position send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
On applying for this job, you consent to Recruitment Wolf Limited holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search.
We aim to contact you within 24 hours on the assumption that your credentials fit the requirements for the role.