Are you looking for a career opportunity in an international company where you lead separate workstreams and have the freedom to work as you do best? Look no further. Make use of your analytical skills, as you optimize our manufacturing sites and help encourage a world-class supply chain.
You will join a team with colleagues based in 5 countries, but you will focus on the UK production sites predominately – in particular, Settle (North Yorkshire), Stourton (Leeds), Oakthorpe (North London) and Aylesbury. Whilst you will be required to travel around the sites (subject to travel restrictions) you will ideally be based from our head office in Leeds but could be based from one of our other UK Production sites.
From boosts to projects
In this role, you help optimize and improve our manufacturing sites. You do so by collaborating with site and the Production Optimisation Business Partner to prioritise and plan pipeline boost events, workshops and projects to identify and execute cost-saving initiatives. You will support the fusion of our new Arla Production System with our digital strategy, facilitate knowledge sharing and use lean tools and six sigma to find solutions to unlock potential. Working as part of a global consultant team, you will develop site roadmaps, project manage & facilitate events/workshops and drive your own workstreams, whilst also being part of a project team at the site.
- Contribute to the development of the sites 3-year deployment roadmap
- Planning and organising pipeline savings events
- Ensure delivery of work stream objectives through coaching and facilitation
- Create tactical implementation plans through interviews, analyses and presentations
- Ensure identification and delivery of saving potentials by implementing changes at the shop floor, through project delivery and when relevant using lean and/or six sigma
- Support the digitalisation journey at our UK stronghold site
- Lead or participate in explorative supply chain analyses on ad hoc basis
- You will balance your delivery between online and physical presence, so you will need to flexible to travel to the UK sites as required with some overnight stays
Outgoing with an improvement mindset
To be successful in this role you will be a structured and persistent self-starter. Apart from this, your future success is based upon three things. Firstly, an analytical skillset and the ability to quickly understand a complex problem. Secondly, you will have the personal impact and communicative skills that help you build relationships and interact across functions, cultures and manufacturing sites. Finally, you have the ability to facilitate with confidence and execute on project ideas. The successful candidate will:
- Have significant experience in a similar position, preferably at a manufacturing site
- Be experienced in working with improvement techniques e.g. Lean & six sigma across a supply chain environment
- Possess the project management skills to explore, involve, define, drive and follow up
- Have strong IT skills particularly in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in operationalising digital solutions desirable but not essential but an interest in digitalisation advantageous
- Have the ambition to grow and develop your career and be ready to lean in to a new experience