We are currently looking to recruit and Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager to join our site in Settle, North Yorkshire on a 12 month fixed term contract. As EHS Manager you will work closely with the Quality, Environment, Health & Safety (QEHS) team at site and will be responsible for taking the site through a transformation period following significant investment in the site.
This is an exciting role where you will have the chance to drive and influence real Safety & Environmental improvements at a site alive with change, investment and growth plans.
What will you do in your new role
- You will act as the subject matter expert and site lead on all things EHS, ensuring that actions are aligned to Arla’s values at all times
- You will provide strong leadership on EHS matters, supporting, developing and delegating where necessary and always striving for best practice across the board
- You will be responsible for driving EHS action completion within our site Transformation plan
- You will develop and maintain strong working relationships with the wider national and global QEHS Team, sharing knowledge and best practice regularly
- You will have the ability to adapt to changing business and customer needs, acting as a proactive problem solver and coordinating local crisis management where necessary
What you’ll need to be successful in the role
- Experience of working in a similar Health and Safety manager level position within a manufacturing environment (ideally FMCG or food)
- NEBOSH Diploma
- IEMA or a similar environmental qualification
- An ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships
- A strong personal ‘Hands-on’ & ‘Can-do’ attitude
- Strong competence and credibility on EHS matters to help influence key stakeholders/decisions/investments