Senior Quality Technician
Job ref: 7989 | £23,500 | Tyne and Wear
You will be working for an extremely successful and well-established food manufacturer.
The company supply ambient products to the food manufacturing industry from several strategically placed, state of the art manufacturing and distribution facilities throughout the UK.
With comprehensive technical, sourcing and buying knowledge, the business can cater specifically to their customers’ needs.
The purpose of your role as Senior Quality Technician is to oversee and monitor the food quality standards from all production and packing lines, raising any non-conformances, and ensuring ongoing compliance with all food safety, hygiene, and quality standards.
- Assist with 3rd party audits including BRC.
- Carry out internal GMP, glass and plastic audits.
- Carry out raw material intake checks.
- Clean down verifications including swabbing of machinery.
- Assist with internal investigations and complaints.
- Carry out CCP checks and training.
- General record keeping of QA documentation.
- Contribute to KPI’s within the quality department.
- Organise samples for external testing.
- Liaise with suppliers e.g. pest control, services.
This role would suit an individual with some food QA experience looking for a step-up.
- Experience working in a quality/technical role in food or beverage manufacturing.
- Experience of 3rd party audits.
- Educated to a degree/HND level within a food science or food technology subject is an advantage.
- Good quality assurance awareness and understanding of CCP.
- Qualifications such as Food Safety, Food Hygiene, HACCP etc. are all desirable.
The Senior Quality Technician job is based in Tyne and Wear and is paying £23,500.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 8.30 am - 4.30 pm. Some flexibility will be required to cover additional hours on occasion including weekends and night shifts.
How to apply
To be considered for the Senior Quality Technician job, please click the Apply button.
After you have submitted your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days on the assumption that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Quality Team Leader | QA Supervisor | QA Technician | QA Auditor | Quality Assurance Auditor | Quality Auditor | Quality Assurance Technician | Food Industry Technical QA Jobs